CITY OF GALLATIN
Deputy Director of Finance
The City of Gallatin, TN, a growing, well-established city of 30,000, located 25 miles northeast of the Nashville, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Deputy Director of Finance in the Finance Department. The purpose of this position is to perform professional and administrative work regarding the financial activities of the City; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Director of Finance. Supervision is exercised over subordinate clerical staff. This is a 40 hours per week, day shift position. Starting salary is $67,110 + excellent benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of financial records and budgets.
- Maintains general ledger and financial statements.
- Coordinates month end closings and financial reports.
- Maintains cash management for City funds and investments.
- Acts as Director of Finance during extended absence of Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting theory and principles and their application.
- Ability to evaluate complex financial systems and efficiently formulate and install accounting methods, procedures, forms and records.
- Ability to make complex arithmetical computations accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to prepare complex financial records and reports using financial software and/or Excel.
A four year degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration with emphasis in accounting and/or finance. Must hold CMFO certification or be able to obtain certification within 2 year from date of hire, as required by the State of Tennessee, or be exempted from the certification as noted in T.C.A. 6-56-405. Supervisory experience a plus.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE:
See the full description on our website. Interested persons must apply on-line at www.gallatinonthemove.com. Click Employment at the top of the webpage and follow the instructions. Submit an online application, cover letter & resume by October 21, 2016. EOE.